One person was confirmed with the campylobacter bacteria whilst a second member of the group who suffered food poisoning tested negative confirming that there was no link with a meal the group of people ate at a premises in the area. As there is no link it is unlikely the victims will be able to make a food poisoning compensation claim.
If you have suffered food poisoning follow the tips below to make sure you have the best chance of making a successful claim for food poisoning compensation.
What should you do to make a food poisoning compensation claim?
If you have any of the food in question left keep it in a sealed bag and freeze it hygienically
- Report the food poisoning to the place where the food was from as soon as possible and ask for the person’s name who you speak to
- Keep the receipt confirming payment for the food/meal
- Obtain a copy of your Bank Statement confirming payment if you paid by debit or credit card
- Obtain a copy of your itemised phone bill to show the phone call ordering the food highlighting the relevant phone number
- Obtain a copy of your itemised phone bill to show the phone call reporting the food poisoning again highlighting the relevant phone number
- Consult your GP as soon as possible and ask for tests to show what type of bacteria caused the food poisoning
- Keep a daily diary outlining the symptoms you have no matter how minor so you can be accurate about how long you suffered for, how badly, what symptoms, etc
100% No Win No Fee Food Poisoning Compensation Claims
To make a Food Poisoning Compensation Claim get in touch with our No Win No Fee Solicitors on freephone 0800 652 0586 or click the “Free Enquiry” button for an immediate call back.
A No Win No Fee Solicitor will speak to you immediately, take the necessary information and tell you there and then whether your No Win No Fee claim is likely to be successful.
100% of our Food Poisoning Compensation Claims are made on a No Win No Fee basis which means that you do not have to worry about any financial risk at all as if your claim is unsuccessful it will not cost you anything.