Home > Claiming Compensation > Personal Injury > Abuse Claims > Reporting to the Police

Reporting to the Police

If you are thinking about making an abuse compensation claim, we encourage reporting the events to the Police on telephone number 101.  Remember that the Police have specially trained officers who will support you and offer advice whilst the criminal process is going on.

If the criminal court proceedings result in a conviction, this can add weight to your abuse compensation claim but a criminal conviction is not essential to have a successful abuse compensation claim.

Expertise and Understanding from Carter & Carter Solicitors

If you have been the victim of sexual or physical abuse you should report it to the Police and then call us.  We provide free, confidential advice to the victims of sexual and physical abuse whether the abuse occurred as a child or adult and we handle all sexual and physical abuse claims with sensitivity and understanding.


We understand just how difficult it is to find the strength to talk about sexual or physical abuse and how traumatic it is to reflect on and discuss what happened, possibly many, many years ago.  We will make sure that you feel completely safe throughout the entire abuse claims process.

100% of our abuse compensation claims are made on a No Win No Fee basis which means that you do not have to worry about any financial risk at all as if your abuse compensation claim is unsuccessful it will not cost you anything.

Meeting Us

We are able to give you immediate 24 hour legal representation and rehabilitation no matter where you are in England, Scotland or Wales. We also provide urgent:

  • Home visits
  • Face to face meeting at one of our private meeting rooms based in most UK cities

If you are looking for justice or just advice and would like to speak in complete confidence to an Abuse Claim Lawyer, freephone 0800 652 0586 or click the “Free Enquiry” button for an immediate call back.