Eyelash Extension Injury Claims
Eyelash Extensions can leave you looking amazing……….sadly there are some beauty salons that are badly failing customers by leaving them hurt, distressed and looking for redress.
Eyelash Extension Injury Claims – Help is Here…
Unfortunately although you can read up about all there is to know about getting eyelash extensions things don’t always go according to plan.
Whilst the aim is to create luxurious eye catching lash extensions we know only too well that Eyelash Extensions can turn out to be a total disaster.
In fact eyelash extension horror stories are not at all unusual for us.
We regularly hear from clients who have suffered terribly following bad practice and treatment.
If your Eyelash Extension has gone wrong we can help you put things right.
The Risks of having Eyelash Extensions – What can go Wrong?
When Eyelash Extensions go wrong there can be serious consequences particularly as the skin in and around the eyes is so delicate and sensitive.
On occasions not only can the lashes be damages but the eye itself can be harmed.
When Eyelash Extensions go wrong there can then be serious complications including even the risk of blindness.
Most of the problems that occur are related to the glue that is used to fix the Eyelash Extensions in place.
The glue often contains chemicals that can trigger irritation and allergic reactions.
- It is so important the Beauty Salon carries out a skin patch test to ensure that there are not likely to be any allergic reactions to the substances used.
- This needs to be carried out 48 hours or more before the main appointment to extend the Eye Lashes.
- The procedure itself carries risks such as the application of too much glue which can cause the lashes to clump together or it can enter the eye causing pain, discomfort and irritation.
- There can also be a risk of infection if the equipment is not sterilised.
Eyelash Extension Injury – Reducing the Risks
There are various ways in which you can take precautions to minimise the risk of things going wrong:
- Make sure you check out if the salon is reputable – look online for reviews and see whether the salon is insured;
- How qualified is your beautician and do they have the necessary qualifications and experience? There are a surprising amount of lash therapists who are unqualified and have inadequate training.
- Does the salon look clean, tidy and hygienic?
- As stated above make sure that the salon carries out a patch test at least 48 hours before the appointment – don’t ever be tempted to skip this step!
So what sort of injuries can occur and what should you do if you are injured whilst having Eye Lash Extensions?
Eyelash Extension Injury Claims
Unfortunately there are many things that can go wrong when carrying out Eyelash Extensions resulting in:
- Swelling and blistering;
- Chemical Burns;
- Allergic Reactions and Skin Damage from Eyelash Glue;
- Inflammation and Itching;
- Permanent Damage to Eyelashes;
- Eyelash Extension Infections to the cornea and eyelid;
- Eyelash loss (either temporarily or permanently);
- Damage to Eyes including the risk of dry eyes.
The list could be longer still but the main thing to emphasise is you should seek expert advice if you wish to bring an Eye Lash Extension Injury Claim.
The irony is that by applying eyelash extensions some people suffer by losing their real lashes owing to the damage of hair follicles which control eyelash growth.
We know that these claims where the eyelashes have not regrown can be worth substantial amounts.
It is also not unusual for us to receive instructions for clients who have suffered with the lash glue being placed directly onto the clients eyeballs causing corneal burns and blurred vision.
Which Solicitor to Help You with Your Eyelash Extension Injury Claim?
- You need to speak with a Solicitor who specialises in Eyelash Extension Injury Claims straightaway so that you are given the best chance of succeeding with your claim.
- It’s so important that you choose a Solicitor who knows all about bringing Eyelash Extension Injury Claims so you can win the claim and get the right compensation.
What to do Following an Eyelash Extension Injury?
- First and foremost seek medical advice from your Gp or local Hospital depending upon the severity of the symptoms so you can receive eyelash extension infection treatment;
- Ensure that your Eye Lash Extension injury is recorded in the Beauty Salon’s Accident Book. Ensure that the record is accurate and comprehensive;
- If possible find out who the Salon’s insurer is so that the Solicitor can write directly to them. By law the Public Liability Insurance details should be in a prominent place at the Salon’s premises.
- Take a series of photographs showing the nature and extent of the injury. Take regular photographs over time and remember to date them.
If you have been left with any Injury following an Eye Lash Extension we can Help You you with your claim.
How Much is Your Eyelash Extension Injury Claim Worth?
There can be a wide difference between the compensation for one client compared to another.
Much will depend upon the circumstances and the nature and extent of the injury.
Heads of loss will include:
- Refunding costs of the original treatment;
- Medical treatment and expenses;
- Loss of earnings as well as any other financial losses arising.
Whatever the circumstances and the effect of the injury we would be delighted to let you know the likely value of your claim.
Call us now for friendly chat so we can help to value your claim and answer your questions.
No Win No Fee Eyelash Extension Claims
100% of our Eyelash Extension Claims are made on a No Win No Fee basis.
Don’t worry about any financial risks – if your claim is unsuccessful it will not cost you anything.
We are able to give you legal representation, rehabilitation and treatment no matter where you are in England or Wales.
We also provide urgent:
- Home visits
- Hospital visits for those who are unable to meet us at home
- Face to face meeting at one of our private meeting rooms based in most UK cities.
because……if you don’t ask you’ll never know!
Chat to our No Win No Fee Solicitors on freephone 0800 652 0586.
Make a free enquiry