Cycling Claims against Uninsured Drivers
t’s an unfortunate fact of life that there are significant numbers of drivers who are on our roads but who do not have a valid policy of insurance. This is clearly totally unacceptable and irresponsible of the drivers concerned.
If you are unlucky enough to be hit by an uninsured driver things can get more complicated procedurally and therefore it’s very important you appoint a solicitor who has experience in dealing with Cycling Claims against Uninsured Drivers and who has a safe pair of hands.
- What should you do?
- Who do you claim compensation from?
- Can the driver escape having to pay compensation?
- What is the procedure?
- Does it differ to an ordinary claim?
You will probably have a whole host of questions to ask and we are happy to give you answers to all of these so that you can be reassured.
Having years of experience in bringing Cycling Claims against Uninsured Motorists we are definitely very well placed to give you all the advice you need.
How to bring Cycling Claims against Uninsured Drivers?
Thankfully if you have been involved in a Cycling accident with an Uninsured Driver you do have a remedy.
The procedure in Claiming your compensation will be different than an ordinary cycle accident claim and it will be for your Solicitor to make the right inquiries to establish which organisation will be obliged to deal with your claim. In a broad sense the following position applies:
- If the Driver is not insured but there is an insurance policy in place for the vehicle in question then those insurers will be required to deal with the claim under the terms of the Road Traffic Act.
- If there is no insurance policy in force at all then your cycling accident claim can be brought through the Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB). There is a fairly long (and tortuous!) application form to complete but you have no need to worry as we can help guide you through the process every step of the way and make sure your interests are fully protected.
What if the Uninsured Vehicle is Stolen?
Again if the Cycling accident claim arises out of being hit by a Stolen vehicle then your solicitor will need to check whether there is any insurance policy in force covering the vehicle. If there is then the insurer concerned will be responsible for dealing with your claim and this is still the case even if the vehicle was taken without the owners proper consent.
If there is no valid insurance in force then subject to meeting the requirements of the scheme the Motor Insurers Bureau will stand in the shoes of the insurer and will, subject to liability considerations, compensate you for your cycling accident claim.
What will it cost to make Your Cycling Claim against the Uninsured Driver?
We are pleased to be able to offer you a ‘no win no fee’ agreement which means if you lose your Cycling accident with an Uninsured Driver, you won’t pay us penny. We guarantee that if your claim is unsuccessful, you will pay ABSOLUTELY NOTHING which means you can have real peace of mind.
Contact us today
There are lots of ways to talk to us, and we’ll contact you as soon as possible. You can fill in our Online Contact Form, or if you would prefer to email us, you can on email@example.com .
You can talk to us on 01663 761890 and our friendly team will be happy to help.
Because If You Don’t Ask You’ll Never Know!
Make a free enquiry