To make a Holiday Food Poisoning claim, get in touch with our No Win No Fee Solicitors on freephone 0800 652 0586 or click the “Free Enquiry” button for an immediate call back.
A No Win No Fee Solicitor will speak to you immediately, take the necessary information and tell you there and then whether your No Win No Fee claim is likely to be successful.
No Win No Fee Holiday Food Poisoning Claim
100% of our Holiday Food Poisoning Claims are made on a No Win No Fee basis which means that you do not have to worry about any financial risk at all as if your claim is unsuccessful it will not cost you anything. We have won significant compensation for clients who have suffered from Holiday Food Poisoning in the UK and abroad.
How does food become contaminated with Campylobacter?
There are lots of causes of holiday food poisoning but here are some of the common faults:
- Not cooking food properly
- Not storing food below 5°C
- Storing cooked food unrefrigerated for over an hour
- Consuming food which has been touched by someone who has the illness
- Cross-contamination from contaminated foods
Sources of Campylobacter
Campylobacter is mainly found in:
- Undercooked chicken liver
- Undercooked liver pâté
- Staff not washing hands properly
- Raw poultry
- Raw meat
- Unpasteurised milk
- Food contaminated by faeces of infected people or animals
- Cross-contamination between raw and cooked food
- Changing nappies without washing hands afterwards
- Contact with animals
- Contact with animal waste
- Vegetables contaminated by manure in soil or sewage in water
- Fruit contaminated by manure in soil or sewage in water
- Shellfish contaminated by manure in soil or sewage in water
Symptoms of Campylobacter
- Stomach cramps
Who is at Risk of Campylobacter Holiday Food Poisoning
Campylobacter Holiday Food Poisoning does not discriminate, can affect anyone and can ruin anyone’s holiday although certain people are more susceptible to it due to weaker immune systems, such as:
- People who were ill already
- People who are still recovering from an illness or bug,
- Elderly people
- Pregnant women
- Young children
Time Frame for Symptoms to Develop
Symptoms of Campylobacter Holiday Food Poisoning typically develop within 2 to 5 days of being infected and the symptoms usually last for between 7 days to a number of weeks.
Treatment of Campylobacter Holiday Food Poisoning
Drinking plenty of water will help to keep your body hydrated which will allow your immune system to fight the holiday food poisoning. If your symptoms do not subside within the time frame mentioned above then it would be sensible to consult your GP or Hospital who might suggest a course of antibiotics to help you shake off your Holiday Food Poisoning.
Further guidance can be found on the World Health Organisation website.
Chat to our No Win No Fee Solicitors on freephone number 0800 652 0586.
Is it worth making a holiday food poisoning claim?
In a word, Yes. The amount of compensation awarded for a holiday food poisoning claim can be significant and can often be even more than the cost of the holiday itself.
Not only can you claim for Loss of Enjoyment of Holiday, you will also receive compensation due to the symptoms of holiday food poisoning which you have suffered from, no matter how minor.
Even if you have only suffered for a few days with Diarrhoea, Stomach cramps and Vomiting you are likely to receive more than £1,000 in compensation if you make a holiday food poisoning claim.
What evidence helps?
When you speak to one of our specialist Holiday Food Poisoning Claim Solicitors, they will take the necessary information from you and tell you there and then whether your No Win No Fee claim is likely to be successful. You can also consult our Handy Guide for advice on what evidence might be helpful for your Holiday Food Poisoning Claim.
Expertise and Understanding from Carter & Carter Solicitors
We have a highly experienced team of No Win No Fee Solicitors who will make a Holiday Food Poisoning Claim on your behalf if you have suffered from Holiday Food Poisoning.
Our No Win No Fee Solicitors are experienced in claiming Holiday Food Poisoning Compensation no matter where you went on Holiday and no matter who your Tour Operator was, be it First Choice, Thomson, Thomas Cook, etc. The Package Travel Regulations make it incredibly easy to claim no matter where you holidayed in the World.
We are able to give you immediate legal representation, rehabilitation and treatment no matter where you are in England, Scotland or Wales. We also provide urgent:
- Home visits
- Hospital visits for those who are unable to meet us at home
- Face to face meeting at one of our private meeting rooms based in most UK cities including Bath, Birmingham, Bolton, Brighton, Bristol, Bury, Cambridge, Canterbury, Cardiff, Carlisle, Chester, Durham, Edinburgh, Gloucester, Halifax, Hereford, Leeds, Leicester, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Newcastle, Norwich, Oxford, Preston, Sheffield, Sunderland, Truro and Wolverhampton.
Chat to our No Win No Fee Solicitors on freephone number 0800 652 0586
If you think that you have a Holiday Food Poisoning claim, would like to have a chat about a potential claim or require further information, contact us now.
because……if you don’t ask you’ll never know!
Carter & Carter Solicitors
Hear a few words from one of our happy clients
“We agreed to accept Mrs Dank's slip and trip claim although we knew it would be a tough fight: "Although it was a difficult claim with no witnesses, Chris (Carter) took it on and did exceptionally well. I was very happy with the service and the outcome."
Mrs Denise Danks from Bromsgrove