Faulty Product Claims
We have all come to expect that when we buy products for our home or family that the items will work properly and most importantly of all safely. However even in this day and age there are occasions when products can and do fail causing injuries which sometimes can be serious and even life threatening.
Making Faulty Product Claims
We routinely act for clients who have suffered injury arising out of products that have failed for a variety of reasons. We know all to well that Manufacturers are often reluctant to admit there is any problem with their product but with proper investigation and right presentation of the arguments these faulty product claims have an excellent success rate.
If the worst comes to the worst and you are injured as a result of a faulty product then you could well be entitiled to compensation and as we specialise in this type of claim we would be delighted to hear from you so we can disuss the circumstances of the claim and use all our expertise to ensure you get the right result on a No Win No Fee basis.
Types of Faulty Product Claims?
The possibilities are literally endless in this context but there are certain types of claims which are more common than others and we list a few of these below:
- Faulty Electrical Equipment causing burns and electric shocks (televisions, irons, hairdryers, kitchen equipment etc);
- Defective Vehicles which give rise to accidents causing injury;
- Faulty Toys resulting in injury to children;
- Product Instructions that are not clear or fit for purpose and which lead to the injury or loss;
- Design faults in the product which render the item dangerous and expose the individual to injury;
- Manufactuer’s failure to warn the public about a fault in time or at all;
- Injury arising out of a chair collapsing when sitting down.
Faulty Product Claims and What Steps to Take?
If you have suffered injury or loss arising out of a product that is faulty then it is important that you take the right steps to protect your interests.
This will include reporting the incident to the supplier and manufacturer as soon as possible and providing them with an accurate account of what happened to cause your injury.
We often find that the potential Defendant will ask the client to simply return the product but we would certainly not recommend this course of action before taking legal advice.
Unfortunately clients who return the faulty product have found that it has gone missing without trace and then of course there are real evidential problems which can often mean the claim fails.
There is no substitute for taking immediate advice so that you have the best chances of succeeding with your claim.
Call us now, Free, on 0800 652 0586 – you’ll be very pleased you did!