Accident Report Forms – Why Report Accidents at Work?
If you have suffered an accident at work then it’s so important that you ensure the accident report form ook is completed. Here are some very good reasons why you should complete the accident book.
Accidents Report Forms and the Workplace
Accidents can happen in any work place at any time and Accident Report Forms are there to record every incident.
Your employer is under a clear duty to keep you safe and ensure that you are advised about relevant health and safety issues.
If an accident happens (or even if there has been a “near miss” then your employer should ensure that relevant details are noted down in an accident report form which should contain:
A detailed account of the accident;
The individuals involved and the tasks being undertaken;
The nature and extent of the injuries;
Witnesses details together with statements;
Ideally photographs should also be taken to illustrate the scene of the accident.
But Why is it important to Report Accidents at Work?
- The reporting of accidents is a fundamental part of keeping the work place safe.
- Indeed it is necessary by law for your employer to report the more serious injuries to RIDDOR so that matters can be fully investigated and so lessons can be learned.
- The Accident Report book is a one of, if not the most important document setting out the circumstances of the accident and reasons for any injury.
- If the Accident Book is not completed there will be no official record reporting the facts.
- If you wish to proceed with a claim for compensation and there is no accident report there is every chance your employer may question whether an accident had even occurred!
- By recording accidents your employer can assess what has gone wrong and introduce measures to prevent similar accidents from happening in the future.
- If your work related injuries mean that you need time off work again it’s important you have completed the accident report form so that your employer is made aware straight away of the fact you are unfit for work.
If you are afraid for any reason of reporting an injury at work to your employer or if your employer is not prepared to record the accident then you should contact us without delay so we can assist and help you decide the best way to proceed.
Making a Work Injury Claim
If you’ve been injured in an accident at work then you may well be thinking of bringing a claim if you believe that your employer or someone else at work place was responsible for your accident.
You have a period of three years from the date of the accident in which to make the claim although you should never delay in obtaining advice from a specialist solicitor.
Your employer by law will have insurance to pay compensation to you if your claim is successful.
Your employer should also display a copy of the employer’s insurance certificate in a prominent place at work and if not they are under obligation to provide you with these details.
The whole objective of bringing a claim is to put you in the same position that you would have been in had the accident not occurred.
Any expenses that are reasonable and necessary as well as any losses arising from the accident should be recoverable.
We would be delighted to talk through the heads of claim that you are likely to be able to make following your accident at work.
If the accident has happened recently will be able to give you important pointers to make sure that you do all the right things so that your position is protected as far as possible.
Why Use an Accident at Work Solicitor?
There is no substitute for speaking with an experienced solicitor who will be able to advise you about the claims prospects of success as well as the likely value of the claim.
It is a fact of life that defendants insurers and their representatives will do all that they can to pay out as little as possible. In fact very often our opponents will try to resist paying anything at all!
In view of the system in which the personal injury compensation operates it is absolutely crucial that you instruct a firm of solicitors that has the right experience and will fight for your rights and go the extra mile for you.
We will offer you a genuine 100% no-win no fee agreement so that you have no worries about having to risk your money to finance the claim.
Please take a moment to have a look at some of the comments our clients have left which we think you will agree say an awful lot about the service we provide. 🙂
How much is Your Accident at Work Claim Worth?
If you have been injured in a workplace accident that wasn’t your fault then you will be entitled to compensation.
If you contact us we will be able to provide you with an assessment of your claim as well as the likely compensation involved.
In the meantime why not try our Accident Claim Calculator for an idea of what your claim might be worth?
Make a free enquiry