How safe is Your Swimming Pool?
There’s no doubt about it, there’s nothing quite like a relaxing swim in a warm inviting pool. However we know all too well that accidents in and around the swimming pool happen all the time and on occasions with quite terrible consequences.
What are the Dangers?
Here are just some of the possible dangers that may be lurking:
- Slippery surfaces;
- Defective grids which collapse when walking on them or cause lacerations because of sharp edges;
- Defective Drains and swimming pool filtration systems that may lead to suction type injuries;
- Tiles either under or above water which are missing or have sharp edges causing a risk of injury;
- Unclear pool depths
- Unsafe system of work and operation resulting in unnecessary and avoidable risks.
Whatever the reason is for your injury it is important that the accident is fully reported and investigated and that appropriate steps are taken by the responsible party to make the swimming pool safe.
How to Protect yourself from the Dangers?
- Clearly if you have a young family then it is important to keep a close eye on your children at all times. (It only takes a minute or two for a young child to drown in only 2 inches of water.)
- If you are abroad then there is every chance that the hotel will not have employed a lifeguard to keep a look out so if this is the position then it is especially important to keep a close eye on your family.
- Be sure to check the depth of the water before jumping in or diving into the pool. There are instances of tragic accidents occurring all over the world where people have suffered paralysis when entering the swimming pool after not appreciating the depth of the water.
- Always respect the opening times of the pool and don’t be tempted to swim outside these hours and certainly never enter the water after drinking alcohol or medication.
- Do not run around the pool area as often these areas can be horribly slippery.
What to do if you would like to bring a Swimming Pool Accident Claim?
If you are thinking about bringing a claim for an accident in a swimming pool then there is no substitute for getting early advice from a personal injury solicitor specialising in Swimming Pool Accident claims.
We of course would be only too pleased to hear from you on a free no obligation basis.
Call us now on our Freephone Hotline 0800 652 0586 to receive Free Advice and to help you to bring your claim on a No Win No Fee basis.
because……if you don’t ask you’ll never know!
Carter & Carter Solicitors
Hear a few words from one of our happy clients
“We were instructed by Mrs Wright when she suffered an injury when browsing in caravan showroom. Our client says: "Excellent service – efficient and speedy! Very pleased with the way Mr Healey dealt with this claim."
Mrs Janice Wright from Rochdale