- Are you suffering from noise induced hearing loss?
- Do you work in a noisy environment?
- Do you have to shout to colleagues to make yourself heard?
- Do you work with compressed air tools, generators, printers, power presses or any other noisy tools?
- Have you been given ear protectors?
Do you want to make a noise induced hearing loss claim? If you have noise induced hearing loss you could make a noise induced hearing loss claim for noise induced hearing loss compensation.
What Causes Noise Induced Hearing Loss ?
NIHL can occur due to a one-off exposure to a severe impulse sound such as an explosion or by continuous exposure to loud noise over long periods of time such as in a foundry or mill. The different places where people can be exposed to noise is however limitless.
What Are The Usual Symptoms?
- Hearing loss
- Hearing distortion
- Muffled Hearing
- Ringing in the ears or head
- Buzzing in the ears or head
- Roaring in the ears or head
What Does Your Employer Have To Do?
Under The Noise at Work Regulations 1989 there are duties on Employers to ensure that action is taken where noise at work might create a hazard to hearing.
Below is a brief summary of what the Regulations say your Employer should do:
- Prepare a company policy on noise in consultation with the workforce – ensure that new machinery and plant is included in the policy.
- Question whether the workplace is excessively noisy – a preliminary noise survey should be undertaken.
- Provide suitable ear protectors as an interim measure.
- Undertake a comprehensive noise survey to identify noisy plant and to quantify the risk.
- Prepare and institute a programme of noise reduction by seeking specialist advice.
- Investigate the actual noise dose of workers in any remaining noisy areas.
- Reduce unacceptable noise doses by other means – eg restrict access to noisy areas, rotate jobs.
- Monitor the effectiveness of strategy for reduction of noise exposure – arrange audiometry (the testing and measurement of hearing acuity for variations in sound intensity and pitch and for tonal purity) for those at risk.
- Review and update policy as necessary.
How do I Arrange a Hearing Test?
Contact us now and we will arrange an immediate and more importantly FREE hearing test which will immediately tell us whether you can make a noise induced hearing loss claim.
How long have I got to claim?
If the noise induced hearing loss occurred in England or Wales you have 3 years from the “date of knowledge” to make a noise induced hearing loss claim.
What is the Date of Knowledge?
The three year limitation period runs from what is termed the “date of knowledge”. This is the date when a person could first reasonably have been expected to have known that the hearing loss they were experiencing could be attributed to the their work.
What We Can Do For You
We are experienced noise induced hearing loss claim Solicitors and specialise in dealing with noise induced hearing loss claims. We will run your claim against the responsible Employer to ensure that you receive the maximum amount of noise induced hearing loss compensation.
What to do now
If you’re keen to find out more about making noise induced hearing loss claims in Manchester, just do one of the following:
TELEPHONE: 01663 761 890
EMAIL: [email protected]
Carter & Carter Solicitors
Hear a few words from one of our happy clients
“Our client was injured in a road traffic accident and after handling her claim she had the following to say about our service: " I can't thank Chris (Carter) enough for his assistance in handling my case. His tenacity and persistence was absolutely commendable."
Miss Michelle Cain from London