Have You Suffered a Needlesick Injury and want to Claim?
The first thing to remember is that 100% of your Needlestick Injury Claim can be brought on a No Win No Fee basis which means that you do not have to worry about any financial risk at all.
100% No Win No Fee Needlestick Injury Claim
To make a Needlestick Injury Claim, get in touch with our No Win No Fee Solicitors on Freephone 0800 652 0586 or click the “Free Enquiry” button for an immediate call back.
Can I Sue for My Needlestick Injury?
There’s no easy answer to this as very much will depend upon the circumstances of your injury, where it took place and whether there is another party who was responsible for the injury.
Some claims are very straightforward especially if for example the injury happened at your place of work.
The best way forward is to contact us so we can tell you whether your claim is likley to succeed but here’s some examples to help you in the meantime:
What about suffering a Needlestick Injury at Hospital or My GP’s Surgery?
Either way you should be able to claim without any difficulty.
There will have been some sort of procedural or clinical mistake which will have lead to your injury and it stands to reason that any negligence will give rise to a successful claim for compensation.
How do I stand if the Injury happened in a Public Place?
We have acted for people who have suffured needlestick injuries in public toilets and even in a cinema.
Again claims neeed to be assesssed on a case by case basis and we would be delighted to advise you after taking note of the circumstyances and relevant details.
By the way we managed to successfully argue for the client who suffered injury in the cinema that the staff had failed to clear the area properly by missing the syringe.
My Needlestick Injury was at Work – can I claim?
Most certainly. Generally speaking any Needle Stick Injury that occurs at work will be worth pursuing and we can take you through all the different considerations if you contact us.
As indicated above these types of claim are usually solid in terms of liability where an obvious mistake has been made.
There will be paperwork to record the accidentand an investigation which is likely to help the claim.
Compensation for Your Needlestick Injury Claim
Each Needlestick Claim will vary in terms of its seriousness and its over all impact upon the victim which in turn will effect the overall compensation which an individual receives.
For example, some Needlestick Injury victims suffer with serious psychological symptoms which need ongoing professional treatment whereas other victims are able to move forward with their lives relatively unscathed.
Our job is to make sure that we spend the time and trouble to assess and analyse the nature and extent of the Needlestick Injury so we can ensure that the client receives maximum injury compensation.
If you have suffered a Needlestick Injury Claim then the best way to find out what your injury is worth is to call us on 0800 652 0586 or to click the “Free Enquiry” button for a call back straight away.
How Much Compensation for Your Needlestick Injury Claim?
- For a straight forward Needlestick Injury Claim where there is no need for any professional counselling etc the level of damages (depending upon any aggravating features) will be up to the £2250 mark.
- If counselling is required and medication is administered then the award of compensation will rise accordingly.
- Some Needlestick Injury victims will go on to develop Post Traumatic Stress Disorder in which case the level of compensation is likely to rise further to the £4000 to £5000 mark, again depending upon the particular facts of the claim.
- In certain circumstances Needlestick Injury Claims will involve treatment known as “Post Exposure Prophylaxis” or “PEP”. This is where there is a meaningful risk of developing (not exhaustive) Hepatitus B or C and/or HIV and the medical advisers administer a number of drugs in an effort to combat the risk of developing these serious infections. There are side effects of receiving the PEP treatment but these need to be offset against the risk of transmission. For these sort of claims the bracket of damages is likely to be in the region of £4000.
- If you do go on to develop infections arising from the Needlestick Injury (which thankfully is relatively rare) then compensation may well be very significant indeed. In these circumstances it is more important than ever to instruct the right solicitor who has all the necessary experience to guide you through the process.
What Compensation for Financial Losses?
Added to the Compensation you will receive for the injury we will also seek compensation for any financial expenses you have incurred as a result of the Needlestick Injury. Again we will take the time and trouble to establish all your recoverable losses so that you receive the best possible compensation. These may include things such as:
- Past and future loss of earnings
- Medical expenses such as the costs of any private counselling
- Care claims from family members
- Travel Fees
- Incidental losses
Expertise and Understanding – Guaranteed
We are able to give you immediate legal representation, rehabilitation and treatment no matter where you are in England or Wales.
We also provide urgent:
- Home visits
- Hospital visits for those who are unable to meet us at home
- Face to face meeting at one of our private meeting rooms based in most UK cities
Chat to our No Win No Fee Solicitors on freephone number 0800 652 0586
If you think that you have a Needlestick Injury Claim, would like to have a chat about a potential claim or require further information, contact us now.
because……if you don’t ask you’ll never know!
Carter & Carter Solicitors
Hear a few words from one of our happy clients
“We handled Mrs Watcchorn's claim when she suffered a nasty injury in a well know supermarket. She says: "I am very impressed with the way my claim was handled. Mr Carter has been extremely helpful and informative and the whole claim has been settled quickly and with no additional stress on my part. Thank you."
Mrs Linda Watcchorn from Rutland